Hello people, its been forever since i posted on IG and the blog! Long story short, my phone broke and i fixed it, then i went to Zimbabwe and it fell again and this time the camera cracked too. Tim was tired of the expensive iphone repairs and he got me a Samsung on my birthday. (He claims i never used to break Samsung and that this buying of phones every year only started when i got an iphone haha!) Anyway i am back and really loving how this new phone makes my pics look semi proffesional.
Dessert is a big deal to me especially in summer but lets be honest, who has time to make dessert after a long day of working. Mothering, hustling, being a wife and everything else is hard to balance that’s why an easy to make dessert was the way to go.
Quick story, i legit made my first youtube video but i don’t have a proper video editor. The cheapest editor i could get was R750 and honestly my bank account said no so youtube is on hold for now.
Here is the recipe:
- 2 1/2 cups of Ultramel vanilla custard
- Sponge cake (cut into small pieces)
- 175g of plain yogurt (i used vanilla yoghurt, big mistake, the layering did not come out right but still delicious)
- Granadilla pulp
- 2 cups of Raspberries or mulberries and strawberries (honestly whatever berries you fancy)
- 1 /2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of icing snow
- Whisk together Plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons snow sugar and vanilla extract.
- Place few cake pieces at the bottom of the glasses,And drizzle with granadilla pulp , then layer the rasberries top of the cake and then custard and yogurt.Pour the blueberry sauce on top.You can repeat the layering
- For decoration top each glass with fresh mulberries , blueberries, strawberries and mint leaves.
- Store in the fridge for few hours and serve